New paper out in Frontiers in Neurorobotics, resulting from a collaboration with Diana Valenzo, Alejandra Ciria and Bruno Lara from UAEM Cuernavaca and UNAM Mexico! Direct link here.
I have just joined the Associate Editor Board of Frontiers in Neurorobotics. Delighted I can contribute to the quality and strategic development of the journal!
Very happy that a paper authored by Tim Möller, Kim Georgie, Martin Voss, Verena Hafner, Laura Kaltwasser, and myself on “Computational models of the “active self” and its disturbances in schizophrenia” has been published in Elsevier Consciousness and Cognition: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1053810021000817?via%3Dihub
I am delighted to have joined the Joint Research Centre of the European Commission in Ispra, Italy! I will be carrying out research in AI and computer vision at the Directorate E – Space, Security and Migration, Unit E.3 – Cyber & Digital Citizens’ Security.
A call for papers for a Special Issue on “Prediction and Perception in Humans and Robots”, which I am co-editing with Alejandra Ciria, Bruno Lara, Emily S. Cross and Angelo Cangelosi in IEEE Transactions on Cognitive and Developmental Systems, is open! Call available here: IEEE TCDS – special issue.
Experimental research, robotics implementations, and interdisciplinary works are particularly welcome, as well as theoretical contributions in the form of original research articles, reviews, and commentaries. This special issue invites researchers investigating topics related, but not limited, to:
- Attentional and gating mechanisms for action and sensory
- Context- and task-dependent perceptual optimization
- Sensory attenuation/cancellation and sensory enhancement/facilitation
- Interplay of predictive and attentional mechanisms for prediction error minimization
- Multimodal integration and/or cross-modal interactions
- State representation learning
- Constrained innate priors that drive learning
- Prediction in language learning and comprehension
- Prediction error dynamics monitoring
- Dreaming, non-conscious perception, hallucination, altered perceptual phenomena
- Paper submission deadline –
15 July 20211 September 2021
- Notification to authors –
15 September 2021.1 November 2021
- Deadline revised papers submission –
15 November 2021. 15 January 2021
- Final version –
15 December 2021. 15 February 2021
Watch this video if you want to know more about the Predictive Robots project!
Interested in predictive processing and robotics? Have a look at this review, which I co-authored with Alejandra Ciria, Giovanni Pezzulo, Verena Hafner and Bruno Lara. To appear in MIT Press on Neural Computation!
“Prediction Error‑Driven Memory Consolidation for Continual Learning: On the Case of Adaptive Greenhouse Models” is finally out and open access in Springer KI (German journal on Artificial Intelligence), special issue on developmental robotics! Check it here: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s13218-020-00700-8
Happy that my paper with L.Miranda and U. Schmidt on “Prediction error-driven memory consolidation for continual learning. On the case of adaptive greenhouse models” has been accepted for publication in the Springer German journal of Artificial Intelligence (Springer KI)! Pre-print available here.